You know from time to time UPSC use to change examination schemes/pattern to give the competition a new edge. Here are all the changes, recommended that are approved by government bodies regarding structural change in Engineering Services Examination ESE 2017 and onward examination. 8 Changes In ESE 2017 Exam Scheme
Changes In ESE 2017
- NO Polity, Geography, Life Sciences and History.
Earlier Paper I (Day One) comprises with Polity, Geography, Life Sciences and History. Now its General Studies and Engineering Aptitude 2 hrs- 300 marks
General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Includes (Syllabus):
- Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development.
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services
- Basics of Energy and Environment: Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment.
- Basics of Project Management
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance and technology based education.
- Ethics and values in Engineering profession.
2. No English
Ok! Now this can be a great news for many students preparing for Engineering Services Examination. Finally no more word game.
3. Prelims of ESE 2017 is going to be conducted in Jan month 2017
4. Only one technical objective paper in ESE 2017 onward.
Earlier there were two technical objective papers in ESE (day-2) now there is only one objective paper.
5. Less weightage of objective paper
Till ESE 2016 there one two objective technical papers carrying 200 marks each. Meaning technical objective paper add up to 400 marks but from ESE 2017 its only of 300 marks.
6. More weightage to conventional paper.
From ESE 2017 onward conventional paper carry 300 marks each instead of 200 marks
7. Three stage examination.
Unlike earlier pattern now Engineering Services Examination will be conducted in 3 stages, Prelims, Mains and Personality test.
8. Give or take 20% changes in technical syllabus.
If we compare the technical syllabus of ESE 2017 against ESE 2016 or earlier, there are few changes here and there that are worth analysing.