ESE 2017 was conducted by UPSC on 8th Jan 2017 as per newly introduced syllabus and exam pattern. “Engineering Services Examination” is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year for the selection of engineering graduated from core engineering field.
As per new pattern, the examination will be conducted in three stages. Every year UPSC conducts ESE examination under Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering discipline.
Changes in syllabus and exam pattern of ESE – Here
Stage -I : General Aptitude & Engineering Aptitude (Paper- I – 200 marks), common for all streams,
Branch specific objective paper (Paper – II) – 300 marks,
Stage -II: Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-I – 3 hours | 300 marks,
Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II – 3 hours | 300 marks
Stage -III: Personality Test – 200 marks.
ESE 2017 GS (General Studies & Engineering Aptitude) Paper -1 was conducted on 8th Jan 2017, (10am-12pm). The test paper was carrying 200 marks and 100 questions have been asked as per new GS syllabus.
ESE General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Includes (Syllabus):
- Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development.
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services
- Basics of Energy and Environment: Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment.
- Basics of Project Management
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance and technology based education.
- Ethics and values in Engineering profession.
ESE 2017 General Studies Answer Key All Set PDF- Download Answer Key PDF
It was reported by students that the number of students appeared for the examination on 8th was less than usual. In a class of 40-50 strength only 10-15 students were there. As we all know ESE 2017 syllabus and pattern of the examination are changed by UPSC recently. ESE 2017 was the first examination with the new pattern and syllabus. And this may be the reason for less student appeared for the examination.
ESE 2017 New Syllabus And Pattern – All You Need To Know
Download ESE 2017 GS Paper PDF – Here